Title: 4th Annual B.U.M. Run/Walk
Location: Salem Township Park
Link out: Click here
Description: 5K Run, Walk, Family Games
Start Time: 05:00 PM
4th Annual Burnips United Methodist Run/Walk
August 7, 2013
5 P.M. to 8:30 P.M. Family Games will start at 5, Kids Run at 5:45 pm, food concessions will be on site, and the BUM RUN begins at 7 P.M.
5 K Run/Walk
The B.U.M. Run is a 5k fun run/walk starting at Salem Township Park. The map is located here.
Registration is $25 per runner +$5 per family member up to $35 maximum. The registration per family includes one T-shirt, refreshments and coupons from our sponsors. (Extra T-shirts available for $10 and$2 extra for 2XL and larger.) Registrations mailed on or before July 27 is $25, after July 27 all registrations will be $30 + $5 per extra family member up to $40 maximum. The Childrens’ Run is free if you bring one non-perishable food (soup, beans, crackers) to enter and all foods collected will go to the Dorr Food Pantry.
Our generous sponsors and volunteer organizations last year included:
- Miller Electric
- Advantage Glass
- Advantage Auto & Truck Accessories
- Monterey Veterinary Center
- Northern Physical Therapy
- Shields Irrigation
- Beard’s Produce – blueberries
- Fantasy Twirl – ice cream coupons
- Pizza Ranch – the pizzas
- New Salem Corn Maze – provided bounce house, the bus for the race.
- Sparta Sheet Metal
- Plastic Development Service (PDS)
- VanderKolk’s Golden Gavel –
- Burnips Equipment
- the Printery - donated our printing
- The Flashes newspapers donated newspaper ads
- Dorr Septic
- Farmers Disposal – furnished containers and disposed of trash
- Temptations Bakery – furnished bars, cookies
- Dorr Subway – coupons
- Dick’s Market – water
- SZS Fasteners
- Meyering Insurance Agency
- Tim Heffner Agency, Farm Bureau Insurance
- Dorr Gardens – coupons
- Sandhill Nursery
- Bunker Hill Chill & Grill
- Brenda’s Stay & Play Daycare – pens, gift card
- Riteway Body Shop (to support the Children’s Run)
- Mark Hop Agency, Farm Bureau Insurance
- Byron Oil
- By*Pas International
- Burnips Marathon
- Weber Realty
- Dan Charles Agency
- Gordon Water Systems – donated water
- Spartan Stores – gift card
- Allegan County Sheriff Department and
- Salem Township Fire Department – protecting our participants during the race
- Amy Ortiz as our photographer – Good photographer!
Thank you also to those who donated Door prizes.
- Brenda’s Stay and Play Daycare – On the Border gift card
- Outback Steakhouse – $25 gift card
- Gemmen’s Hardware – $25 gift card
- Olive Garden – $25 gift card and $5 gift certicates (3)
- Applebee’s - $25 & $20 gift card
- Red Lobster - $25 gift card
- Dykstra’s Auto - full service oil change (2)
- Zeeland Bakery – $10 gift certificate
- Colonial Kitchen – $5 gift certificates (5)
- Brummels – home gifts
- Chemical Bank – lunch totes, water bottles
- Farm Bureau - tote bag with Atlas
- Eclipse Studios – Children’s hair cuts (2)
- Basil Kidwell (Advantage Glass) - Winner’s trophy engraving
- Kerlikowske Farms – donated watermelons
- AND thanks to all who volunteered, provided food, and participated in any way.
Please visit these sponsors and let them know you appreciate their help.
The Burnips United Methodist Church members want you to run, walk, be safe and have fun. Sponsor literature and coupons will be at the registration tables, in your packets, and they will be very happy if you visit them. Our church member volunteers will help you in any way we can with church information, and assistance during the event. Please visit our friendly church, respond via the website, or call Tuesday morning or Thursday afternoon at 616-896-8410.
Address questions to: email@example.com
The Salem Township Park is the northwest corner of 142nd Ave. and 30th St. just south of Burnips, Michigan. The race will start at the park, go north to 143rd Ave, west to 32nd street, south to 142nd, then east returning to the park.
Location and Venue Map
Click to download registration form